Wednesday, September 4, 2013

New Organizing Services

By Chedel Townsend



Back in college I made the mistake of organizing my girlfriend's dorm room. It was a completely self-serving act as I was tired of not being able to see the floor, let alone walk across it-every time I came to visit. Needless to say, I was roped in to reorganizing for her on several occasions after that first time, including one here recently. She had been telling me for the last couple of years that if I lived closer she would pay to utilize my skills on a more regular basis and urged me to start marketing these skills-to which I just rolled my eyes and thanked her for the compliment.

In the meantime, I dabbled in the Household Management specialty where I had a chance to do a pantry reorganization for a family, to rave reviews.  I also had done a few other small jobs for friends and family. So this time, when my girlfriend asked me a little more seriously to do a closet reorg on my next visit-and then told me there was someone else who wanted to utilize my services while I was in town-I thought, "Wow, I need to create a business plan!"

So here I am, now with a few reorgs under my belt and working toward membership with the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and certification through the Board of Certification for Professional Organizers (BCPO)
A description of my services and rates, products I use and love, as well as a gallery of a few "Before & After" photos can be found here, on my website (under construction).

No comments:

Post a Comment